QR Code Link to This Post
Are you an experienced Accountant that is always ready to learn? Do you want to advance in your career with a stable, essential organization? Take advantage of this opportunity to grow professional and learn about a manufacturer that offers unique services and continues to grow regardless of the state of the economy.
We are looking for an Accountant to join our team at our Winchester headquarters location. This is a critical role responsible for analyzing data to support business decision-making by managing financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting while ensuring that accounting procedures are in compliance with regulations.
Please click this button to apply!:
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 company provided annual contribution towards your health savings account
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Advancement Opportunity – There will be plenty of opportunity to learn about their business and advance within the accounting and finance department
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Proven experience as an Accountant
- CPA is preferred
- Above average computer skills in a networked environment with advanced knowledge and skills using all MS Office products, advanced skills in Excel required; experience with SAP is a plus
- Ability to build effective business relationships with all levels in the organization
- Highly motivated, energetic, self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For Job Seekers - Workrocket.com provides a fast and effective way to connect with great jobs. We work with a wide range of companies that offer excellent career opportunities. The industries we serve range from heavy construction equipment, HVAC, and manufacturing to medical and surgical equipment, accounting, finance and insurance just to name a few. Connecting Job seekers with great jobs is what we do.