Participate in an environment where your imagination and humor is appreciated, your efficiency is admired and your organization is valued. Engage with a modest and lauded culinary crew who bend boundaries through serving delicious works of art. Do you want to be challenged all the time at work and be inspired by fresh ingredients a few steps outside of the bar? Are you ready to receive and give thoughtful feedback, interacting conscientiously with others? We’re looking for a bartender to take our bar program to the next level.
We expect the cocktails you create and the wine and beer you pair to resonate with the epic fare we provide. We encourage artistry and innovation alongside self-motivation and humility. Feel free to forage on the nearly 40 acre property for ingredients and speak with the on-site farmers to learn about the flowers, fruits, herbs and vegetables being grown for climate resilience and playful inspiration.
The Restaurant at Patowmack Farm is an intimate table-on-farm restaurant delighting in food as experience, a reflection of society and history. We focus on local ingredients, promoting food as a bridge from the natural world to humanity and cultivating a sense of place within our ecosystem. We weave together past and present to honor diverse cultures and curate a distinct exploration of dining.
• Prepare cocktails, beers, wines and non-alcoholic beverages for brunch and dinner service.
• Tableside beverage presentation, including detailed and storied descriptions.
• Memorize an ever-changing menu with ease and grace.
• Maintain a neat and stocked barspace before, during and after service.
• Communicate beverage ingredients, preparation and descriptions to front of house staff.
• Assist servers, run food and help to facilitate exceptional service as needed.
• Edit and print beverage menus prior to service.
General Operations (30%)
• Participate in selection of wine pairings to complement 9 course tasting menus.
• Design and implement a weekly bar menu featuring local and seasonal ingredients.
• Meld bartending style with inherent culinary concepts to create coherence between libation and victuals.
• Complete bar logging and inventory on a weekly basis.
• Work with Owner and General Manager in planning beverage needs for special events.
• Coordinate with Farm Managers regarding fresh ingredients for harvest.
Our Hiring Process and Timeline
• We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
• We will begin scheduling in-person one-hour interviews on availability.
• If you are invited for an interview, provide three references. During the interview we will ask you to present a wine or craft beer pairing for a dish and a cocktail centered around one ingredient.
• We will reflect upon the interview and check references.
• If all requirements are met, you will be selected for a stage.
• We would like the selected candidate to start immediately.
• A fantastic sense of humor
• A minimum of one year experience tending bar, and two years in the restaurant industry
• Able to work Wednesdays-Sundays
• High emotional intelligence, able to cultivate deep, trusting relationships with diverse individuals
• Flexibility and adaptability, ability to shift styles to fit the needs of an array of people
• Familiarity with old world wines, local wines and local craft beer/liquor
• POS system experience (please indicate what system(s) and length of time used)
• RSVP certification (within 30 days of hire)
• Impeccable written and oral communication skills
• A penchant for puns and a love of continuous learning
• A passion for good fellowship and spirits
• All of the above plus:
• 1 year craft bartending experience
• 2 year service industry experience
• Sommelier, Cicerone, BarSmarts Advanced and/or equivalent
• Competitive wages commensurate with experience
• Shift meals
• 50% reimbursement of approved continuing education upon successful completion
Please send a cover letter with your resume.
We are a small family owned business who value wholesome connection with this land and all of those who visit. We are located 15 minutes from Leesburg, VA and 15 minutes from Frederick, MD with a beautiful view overlooking the Potomac River at Point of Rocks, MD.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers