Primary Job Purpose:
QR Code Link to This Post
Responsible for mold making, prototyping and production machining of CNC fabricated parts, including, but not limited to set up and operation of precision metal cutting and grinding machines such as lathes, milling machines, surface grinders and EDM. In addition, a proven background in the art of mold-making, more specifically, the ability to coordinate the molding process from start to finish. Accuracy, combined with productivity, is key to success in this position.
• Completion of formal apprenticeship or accredited Tool and Die School program preferred
• 10+ years relevant experience
• Program machine functions utilizing CAD/CAM methods or via control console on machine applying knowledge of material properties, milling procedures, and shop mathematics, calculating and programming machine controls to regulate factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, etc.
• Build and repair plastic injection molds from drawings or CAD files
• Service and Maintain all equipment in Tool room
• Build parts and assembly fixtures for Production
• Work with management to evaluate and establish shop workload
• Confer with engineers, production personnel or others to resolve problems for Production
• Maintain professional and friendly relationship with all coworkers
• Possesses a complete set of toolmaker skills with all shop equipment (milling, lathe, EDM, precision grinding, polishing, and fitting) and able to make part to print.
• Knowledge of machining a variety of materials such as aluminum, mild,alloy and tool steel and plastic.
• Possesses comprehensive knowledge of gages, measuring instruments, and all necessary inspection equipment
• Experience with plastic injection mold design.
• Possesses basic welding skills for minor touch up work.
• Able to multi-task and run multiple pieces of equipment simultaneously.
• Strong knowledge of CAM programming.